NGO Monitor follows things, but fails to go in at the end...
NIF = Ford $$
Also money laundering for more.
this is from:
B'Tselem's stated aim is to "document and educate the Israeli public and policymakers about human rights violations in the Occupied Territories, combat the phenomenon of denial prevalent among the Israeli public, and help create a human rights culture in Israel." On its website, its listed donors include Christian Aid (UK), European Commission, DanChurchAid, Diakonia (Sweden), Federal Department of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland , Ford Foundation, International Commission of Jurists - Swedish Section, New Israel Fund, Norwegian Foreign Ministry and Trocaire.
B'Tselem's file at the Israeli Ministry of Justice's regulatory body for nonprofit organizations (Rasham Ha-Amutot) declares the following donations in 2006 (this is the most current information available, the list is not exhaustive):
- €100,000 from the European Instrument for Human Rights and Democracy (EIDHR),
- Two grants worth €54,000 and €164,090 from the European Commission
- CHF 99,983 (or 349,728 NIS) from the Swiss department of Foreign Affairs,
- $45,961 (or 193,167 NIS) from the Norwegian Foreign Ministry,
- $5,000 (or 23,000 NIS) from The New Israel Fund.
- Two separate donations from the Ford Foundation:
- $100,000 (or 449,500 NIS), to be spent over 2006 and 2007
- $24,774 (or 115,000 NIS) for use in 2006.
Israeli NGO founded "to change Israeli policy in the Occupied Territories."
Prolific producer of reports from the West Bank and Gaza Strip that are regularly used by international NGOs such as Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch as well as a number of Palestinian NGOs.
Despite its self-declared political aims to change policy, it receives considerable international funding, mainly from European governments.
Recipient of Ford Foundation funding.
Print Send to a friend
Switch view to date ordered (limited) list
- NGOs in the News: Counterpoint: Pigeonholing rights groups
April 01, 2008
David Forman, The Jerusalem Post
- NGOs in the News: B´Tselem Justifies Killing of IDF Soldiers Wherever They Are
March 31, 2008
Ben Sha´ul, Arutz Sheva
- NGO Monitor Reports: NGO Monitor's Analysis of B'Tselem's Annual Report for 2007 March 13, 2008
- NGO Monitor Reports: B'Tselem's Gaza Report - Ideology Instead of Facts
March 13, 2008
- NGO Monitor Reports: Betselem: Report Uses Outdated Sources and the Rhetoric of Demonization
August 15, 2004
NGO Monitor Digest (Vol. 2 No. 12)
- NGO Monitor Reports: Betselem: The Ambiguous Boundary between Public Education and Political Activism
October 04, 2003
October 2003 Digest (Vol. 2, No. 2)
- NGO Monitor Reports: Claims in B´tselem/Hamoked report lack credibility
May 07, 2007
- NGO Monitor Reports: Adalah, ICAHD, and Other Political NGOs Promoted in University of Denver GSIS / Hebrew University "Human Rights" Program
October 11, 2007
- NGO Monitor Reports: US State Department Report on Human Rights relies on politicized NGOs
March 07, 2007
- NGO Monitor Reports: NGOs in the Lebanon War - Update: Covering July 12 through September 10
September 10, 2006