ISRAEL TRUTH TIMES

A blog dedicated to investigating events as they occur in Judea and Samaria, in Israel and in the world, and as they relate to global powers and/or to the Israeli government, public figures, etc. It is dedicated to uncovering the truth behind the headlines; and in so doing, it strives to do its part in saving Judea and Samaria, and by extension, Israel and the Jewish People, from utter destruction at the hands of its many external and internal enemies.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Here is a different viewpoint on the seven girls' ordeal in prison... this time by one of their fathers. Maybe we need to think of that too: he's got a point there!



This is No Playground

18 Shevat 5768, 25 January 08 01:57
by David Ha'ivri

(IsraelNN.com) The Talmud in Tractate Sanhedrin quotes Rabbi Shimon B'Rabi as saying, "Oy lo l'mi sh'banav nekaivot." - "Woe is he whose children are females." This quote came to mind when I heard the reports of seven young teenage girls who had been imprisoned over the last few weeks after taking part in activities of the settlement movement's building of new neighborhoods on Judea and Samaria.

There is no question in my mind about the dedication and the valor of these young women, who are will to pay the price for what they believe. There is also no question in my mind as to the depth and the lowness of the evil and corrupt Olmert government. It will twist any law in order to free convicted vicious terrorists from prison and, at the same time, have no mercy on little girls.

However, after saying that, I must speak out to the fathers and mothers, teachers and leaders of the girls. I find it hard to understand why adults stand in the background and give legitimacy to these actions.

If it is right to go to jail in a show of disrespect for the government and its courts, then adult males should be doing it and not sit back and watch while little Jewish girls' modesty is dishonored.

With much personal experience of what the insides of Israeli prisons are like, I am sick to my stomach every time I think of a little girl behind bars. They were in the company of prostitutes and drug addicts, under the command of demented police and prison guards. I believe that the damage done to these young souls is much greater than any advantage that is gained by sending them (and letting them stay) in that terrible atmosphere.

I know of a number of young heroines who suffered many months (or more) after sacrificing themselves in such a way for "the cause." I don't think that we need to destroy our children in order to try and challenge the state.

Again, if it is the right thing to do, then men should be doing it.

My 14-year-old daughter was held in prison because she would not identify herself. I went to court to tell her that girls who do not enlist to the armed forces because it is not modest for a girl to be in the army under the command of a man have no business being in jail. I wanted to tell her that she must give her name and go home (and back to high school).

The police wouldn't let me into the court room, because "they had no way of knowing that my daughter was one of the girls being held" since they refused to identify themselves.

I promptly broke down the courtroom door. As I was beaten by some 15 police and court guards, I shouted a lecture to the judge and the girls. I was arrested and charged with assault and damaging public property. But my daughter got the message and did what she needed to do to go home.

Prison is no playground and no place for girls. If this is a war, then let the men stand up.

© Copyright IsraelNationalNews.com
Subscribe to the free Daily Israel Report - sub.israelnn.com

No comments: