Taking into consideration the 2005 NATO Defense College paper by an Egyptian researcher, avidly embraced by N.D.C., and her recommendation to use Arabs to do the dirty work against Israel:
Research Paper n 20 - June 2005
- And considering the outrageous and covert use of innumerable fake personas on social networks - yes, that means FACEBOOK TOO!- on a world-wide scale by the US government, only revealed thanks to a leak;
More HBGary Federal Fallout: The Government Wants To Buy Software To Fake Online Grassroots Social Media Campaigns
from the ipropaganda deptThe latest in the long line of revelations from the HBGary Federal email leak, is that HBGary Federal wanted to create software that could make it easy for staffers to create and maintain a massive number of fake online social network personas, allowing them to control virtual armies of totally fake people, whose only mission is to spy on others and spew paid-for propaganda. But, what's even more amazing is that not only did the emails reveal HBGary Federal employees talking about building a platform for letting people more easily manage an army of fake personas, but that the US government put out a request for exactly that kind of software last June, with its request for "Persona Management Software."
Software will allow 10 personas per user, replete with background , history, supporting details, and cyber presences that are technically, culturally and geographacilly consistent. Individual applications will enable an operator to exercise a number of different online persons from the same workstation and without fear of being discovered by sophisticated adversaries. Personas must be able to appear to originate in nearly any part of the world and can interact through conventional online services and social media platforms. The service includes a user friendly application environment to maximize the user's situational awareness by displaying real-time local information.The request appears to come from the Air Force, and the idea is to use such a tool in Afghanistan and Iraq... but if the government has such tools, is it really that big of a stretch to see them using them in other contexts as well? While I do wonder how effective such a tool really is, the idea that it can pretty successfully build up "friends" using social media, and then use those for propaganda purposes seems just wrong. It seems that even the folks at HBGary Federal were somewhat perplexed by this government opportunity, with one employee sending around an email that said, simply: "WTF Dude?" while someone else questioned whether it could really be serious.
- And considering where the following paper is coming from: just look at the biography of the Israel-hater, Palestine lover who, true to his German Nazi roots, determined that propaganda IS part of warfare ;
- and considering the date this paper came out, versus the date the infamous Facebook page below first surfaced :
- 21 Feb 2011 ... What Makes Communication Strategic? – Preparing Military Organizations for the Battle of Ideas Jan TECHAU Research Paper
- And considering the extremely serious and dangerous nature of this campaign of extermination against Israel
The group opened up on March 6th 2011, and as of today, the 8th of March, it already has over 30,000 members. Their goal is to get one million followers in one week. While they are still not close to that mark, one thing is certain - it's growing too fast
While the page itself is in Arabic, VJ has provided the Google Translation of their "info" page.
And considering the latest paper by infamous Florence Gaup and her co researchers/professors gang, bent on finding a legal loophole to forcibly impose their 'nation building' on Libya ( today Libya, who could there possibly be tomorrow???)
About Research at the NDC; NATO College of Defense
- And see who else is participating in those NATO brainstorming sessions about the Middle-East and Israel, and who was NOT invited?